FreeBSD chroot to ARM from x86
- First I burned a freeBSD image from a Linux system onto a class 10 micro Sdcard.
- I used this image ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm/armv7/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-arm-armv7-BEAGLEBONE-20190822-r351363.img.xz
From Linux I dd-it to the sdcard
How make the BB to boot from SDcard and skip the eMMC u-boot is not covered in this blog here. I suppose you already have a booting freeBSD BBB or R-PI.
- PC x86 with FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE
- Beaglebone Black (or R-PI) with a flavour of freeBSD
Get the sdcard and plug it to the PC slot
Type dmesg for find the mount block device. Mine is /dev/da0s2a
Create a working folder for this image
- Now we have a root file system for ARM on the PC @ ./BBB/ROOTFS
- Install the quemu and the arm toochains on freeBSD x86
- Copy the qemu-arm-static to ARM ROOTFS
- Create a bash file for chroot. Make sure you've pkg install bash
- Chroot to the BBB
Sept 6 2019